And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17

Thursday, October 13, 2011

September 21, 2011

HELLO FAMILY!!! Wow! is the field crazy or what?! So much different from the MTC. I'm in a ward in the city of Madison. There is a rocket business (kinda like ATK) or something like that in the city and they have a lot of LDSaints here so the like to think that this is Mormonville, but don't let the name fool ya. It is different from the true south, but when they said there was a lot of mormons, I guess our views were a little different. I love the ward and the area though! Goodness, I didn't want church to end yesterday! The speakers were awesome and the members had to be one of the most "friendshipiest" wards I've ever been too! Ha, in DP class the teacher had me say the opening prayer and when I was done he said, "Don't sit down! Come on up here. This is what a greeny is everyone!" Everyone got a pretty good kick out of me. I guess I was just a little excited to be there and like the song says, working like missionaries do.
The work is great here! Like I said, a little different from what I thought it was going to be like, but the field is white!
So with the time that I have I like to share my experience in the Temple. First of all, I can't express the small chance of me having gone to the temple while here. In my Pat. Blessing it says that I will have the opportunity to go inside many doors of the Houses of the Lord. That declared more truth to me my second day in the field.
The temple is about as big as the monticello and we had two zones there. We had to use folding chairs in the rooms. Another small miracle accured when I was asked to be the first one to go through . . . because of where I was sitting. As I was in the Celestial Room by myself for maybe a minute of two, the thought of when I first went through ran through my mind.
I remember being by myself in the terrestial room, having so many questions about the church. (Im running out of time) But at the same time I knew where my family was and that they were waiting for me. I then heard a voice say to me, If this is what followers of Christ do then I will obey. I then felt a warm hug and within moments, was with my family.
As I was with myself, I thought of my family. Not just of my family right now, but of my eternal family.
To wrap this up, I thought about how Heavenly Father knows exactly where all his children are and is waiting for us to come home.

I love you family!!! I got to go! God be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment