And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17

Monday, January 16, 2012

January 9, 2012

So the baptisam didn´t happen this past week with Silvana. Long story short, she might/probably be moving in two weeks. Literally, the only times we have been able to find here is the 3 hours of church because of how much she works. But it will all work out. Whether Elder Souza and I or others.

But we actually have a baptisam this week. Ha, I haven´t really had time to talk about her the past few weeks, but the date we have right now is this Saturday. Her name is Bionca and she is 19 years old. The other Elders (that live 10 minutes from us and we are always doing stuff on pdays with) found her knocking doors. She was with her best friend Jefferson (who is also planning on being baptized) at his house when they found them. So they feel a lot more comfortable together so when ever we are teaching them, we got promission to do a division and have one elder from each area go teach them together. Yesterday at church, we had Katherine (baptized 3 weeks ago and is also 19, perfect fit!) sit by her all throughout church and Bionca is still kind of iffy if she is ready to be baptized this week. I guess during one of the classes Bionca leaned over to Katherine and asked her, how did you know when it was true and that you were ready to be baptized. Katherine responded that she doesn´t know very much, but when she reads and prays, her whole life is better and she can feel and see it. Actuallly... Before we started teaching Katherine, her family was hardly ever together and stuff and just everyone doing there own thing. Even though her mom doesn´t believe our message (another long story) she and the dad have been together a lot more with Katherine, especially when we are there. We´ve already tried teaching them, but one day I´m sure they´ll come around! Anyway, Katherine just said that she can´t really explain her feelings because of how happy and how much the gospel has changed her life! ELECT!!! This is the same Katherine we met in a story less then 2 months ago!!! So we also went and talked to Bionca and Jefferson after about how they feel and about the 14th. We asked them to pray about it and we have an appointment with them tomorrow so we´ll find out then if it will be this week!!!


The Lord is ever near us! May we never forget the testimony that he bore and gave His life for. Thank you so much everyone for the prayers and support! I hope you all have a wonderful week! LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!


Elder Bowman
omhiwdMb

No comments:

Post a Comment