Well we did some tracking this week. I told Elder Espíritu that I felt like I was back in Alabama (Where I told myself that I would never spend a whole day knocking on doors again.) But ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get new investigators! The two that we were able to find both came saturday. One is a lady who is about 35 and is taking care of her sick mother. She really liked what we had to say and having a latter-day prophet made sence to here. We are going back for our first real appointment/lesson tomorrow.
The other one is a senhora. She appears to be close to going to the Spirit World (which, I don´t think I have explained to you all how much I love old people! Especially old Brasilians. And even more especially, old Brasilian senhoras! I just feel that I have a better connection with this generation! So much years and experience. And most of the time, very soon-future investigators for the people up stairs! Anywho, continuing on) She welcomed us right in which made us very happy. She told us that her neice is Mormon and her neice´s son is serving a mission in Salvador (I thought Matt might like that) She said that she respects us and already has a Book of Mormon, but was born Catholic and will die Catholic. (Very famous line I find with these old people that I love) After sharing a few scriptures to answer her questions and errors that she had, that left a wider window for us to share the message of the restauration with her. It went very well. In the end she made a solid commitment to read and pray about The Book of Mormon. BLESSINGS!!!
This is the progress of the work to report on for the week. Thank you all so much for everything you have done for me the last 20 years. To think of all the ways I am most spoiled (smile) is to have had each of you for my example. You are all my heros and am so grateful for your prayers, sacrifices and love you have for me and most importantly, for our Savior Jesus Christ. May the Lord continue to bless each of you and your families in your prayers and efforts. I love you family!
Seu amoroso filho e irmão
Elder Bowman
omhiwdMb
1 Nephi 11:17
No comments:
Post a Comment