We are starting to find some pretty solid people. They are all pretty much in the wood work right now, but some really positive things are going on here.
So just a funny story. As a zone, we are visiting/contacting 3 people for the ward list that we don´t know. Tuesday night, we went to this apartment complex looking for a lady named Biactrice. We rang the door bell thing and a old lady from the second floor apeared from her window. I introduced ourselves and asked her if Biatrice lived there. She said no and was asking us what we wanted. I explained more about who we are and in a firm voice she told us that Biatrice didn´t live there and then shut the window before I could get another word in. Looking at my companion, we were both shocked. I then said that we need to know if she moved and if so, to where. (we record it to the stake president) I then rang the bell again but no answer. I told Elder Espiritu that I would call the number that we had. And guess what... the phone began to ring from this old lady´s apartment. She then answered and introducing myself (again) asked if this was the phone of Biatrice. The lady said no but that she would be home soon. I said ok, can we wait here in the bottom until she gets here because she is a member of our church. She said but why do you want to talk to her. Then I repeated myself, but she just hung up on me. Me and Elder Espiritu looked at each other again, but I said, ``Welp, we´ll just wait till she gets here.`` We then sat down on the curb and I started writting down some notes, not paying attention to what was going on around me. During this time, she was talking to her neighbors across the street from their windows and Elder Espiritu said, ``I think she called the police`` Then another lady showed up and said,`´Ok, I know that you guys are americans and missionarys for Jesus Christ, but that lady just called the police (at this time, I had my cool on still, but Elder Espiritu was way scared) I explained why we were there and that we were waiting for Biatrice to come home. Then the lady said that she was Biatrice, but it had to be another Biatrice and that I should run away before the police got there. I told her, ``but I didn´t do anything wrong and it would be worse if I ran away.`` Then a little bit after our short conversation that didn´t get us anywhere, the police showed up and the lady said, ``whelp, you lost your chance, they´re here.`` But when the police realized who we were, they knew that there was already a mistake and that we didn´t do anythig wrong. I explained to the police officer everything (the lady who told us to run away was next to us) and I showed him the information that I had from the list. The lady said that everything was correct, that she was Biatrice and the phone number and address, everything, but that this old lady was catholic. Anywho, the police just told us that eveything was ok and told us to just leave the area. Way funny, right?! I was actually hoping to go to prision because the story would have been a lot cooler, but I guess I´ll have to settle for this.
Thats whats new in the Horto. LOVE YOU FAMILY
Elder Bowman
omhiwdMb
No comments:
Post a Comment