And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17

Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 14, 2011

Ola Família!!!

Jonas was BAPTIZED!!! It was an awesome experience! the night before I was thinking about Josh´s Baptisam and how that was the last one I saw... THAT WAS ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO!!! I think I´m addicted and might go baptism hunting on the weekends when I get back cuz they are the bomb!!!

I had an amazing experience with Jonas. Friday I believe it was, we went over there to make sure everything was good and talk with them for a little bit and share a small lesson. When we were talking, we realized that Jonas hadn´t chosen someone who has the keys of giving the Holy Ghost. He and his Mom both turned to me and said, Bo - mem? (That is how a lot of people say our name down here :) ) I said, Irmã??? I said that they were crazy and that I had barely been there for 3 weeks!!! Ha, we have a funny/great relationship with them. She said that if I loved her son that I would do it. Being as overwhelmed as I was, I pondered for a moment as I looked down at the floor, looked up and said that I would do anything for her family.

The blessing went great! Not my words or vocabulary by all means, but the Spirit was something else... A feeling that I would do anything more to get it back... Missionary work is a special thing. Special cuz it is very unique and like nothing else, and special because there is something in your heart you want nothing more than to feel.

Often i wonder why I prepared for so long and going through all these experiences the 8-9 months before the mission. (especially the 5 and 1/2 before leaving) All this knowledge I worked so hard to study and know. But I have found that it was more then just the experiences that I had. It was the feelings. I think one of the greatest blessing of having a body is the gift to feel. To feel somewhere only the Spirit can touch. When all seems dark, the feeling I remember is going through the temple for the first time. Waiting in the Terrestial Room all by myself, millions of thoughts and questions going through my mind... But having the thought that if this is what deciples of Jesus Christ do, I will follow Him, and having the FEELING of His loving arms around me. THen, it was His hand that took me through to be with my family forever.

What a great work we have embarked in. The fulness of times in where we can feel the fulness of His Love. As we strive to follow Him in Obedience and Faith, our testimony can be as strong as if we had touched the prints in His hands.

LOVE YA FAMILY!!!

Com amor,
Elder Bowman,
omhiwdMb

No comments:

Post a Comment