OPA!!! ESTOU NO BRASIL!!!
This is the craziest thing that I have ever done in my life!! Sometimes, I´ll just stare out the window of our apt and just soak in where I am. In my journal for my first week, I am writting down things that are so strange to me. The first thing is the traffic!!! When we left the airport and were on the road, I couldn´t tell you how many times I thought I was going to die! And the motorcycles!!! They just drive like we´re at the circus or something!! There are many other things, I just feel like my world is upside down alot :)
I have Superman for a companion!!! SERIOUSLY!!! His name is Elder Santos and he is from a place by Recife. He speaks really good English, but only speaks Português to me. It´s hard, but it has helped me a ton. He is soooo patient with me too! He is more then I every wanted out of a trainer!!!
So when we got to the mission home, we talked to the Elders there for 10 minutes, and then they asked us if we were hungry. About a 5 minute walk, we were at the TEMPLE!!! Right then, I knew I was home... A picture I had been stareing at for 5 months in my room and there it was... I knew that I was in Brasil... We went and sat inside the waiting room for just a little bit, then went back
We had dinner with Pres and Sis Martins and it was sooo good!!! We also had an interview that night then I met my knew comp. The next morning after some training, we headed out.
Some fun things real quick, we have a baptisimal date this week which I hope so bad will happen. I met him once, his name is Jonas and he is 11 i think. Also, my first official day of working, we invited someone to be baptized!!!! Her name is Sabrina and she is about 21.
I love you all so very much. It is very difficult, but it´s those tender mercies that make it worth it. 2 Cor 12:9-10. He Is my Savior and I will glory in Him para simpre.
Com amor
Elder Bowman
omhiwdMb
No comments:
Post a Comment