And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

November 28, 2011

WOW!!! Where did this week go?!
Granted, I was in São Paulo this past week for a couple of days, but it went by fast. Wednesday night I headed off to the Center to become a legal person in the great country of Brasil. Thursday morning, bright and early, we drove from the mission home to the federal police station which was about 45 minutes, just to find out that our part wasn´t till 2. So we took the subway and bus all the way back cuz our ride left. When we went back, it was about 3 hours of almost all waiting. After, we were stuck in the São Paulo traffic so it took us 2 and a half hours to get back to the mission home. Our plan was to go back to our area that night, but our area is the furthest away from the mission home so we stayed another night. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot being with the other missionaries. I even got to go on splits Thursday night with an Elder from Provo, who is the financial secretary.
About the work… Wooow… Me and Elder Santos have been praying really hard to find new investigators. We felt that we had kind of hit a plateu and that we needed a lot more. We know/knew that there were elects out there just waiting to hear the gospel, we just needed to go find them. That´s not exactly what happens every time… They found us. Two examples. We were walking to an appointment and this guy on the side of the road told us that a lady working in the story next door wanted to know what we were sharing. We talked with her for a little bit and got a return appointment. Another time, we were going to visit a former investigator and they weren´t home. We saw a guy on the side of the street so we started to talk with him. During the middle of the contact, a guy on his motorcycle pulls up and asks when he could talk with us. Me and Elder Santos look at each other and said whenever works for you. He asked us if tomorrow in our church would work. CRAZY!!! Before this week, we only had 2 people with baptismal dates with maybe 4 good investigators. We now have 5 people with baptismal dates and over 10 solid investigators! The field is so white and ready to harvest down here, it makes Lambo Field look bad.

The work continues to move forward, and I am grateful for the blessing I have to be apart of it. I love you family!!!
Com amor,
Elder Bowman
omhiwDmb

No comments:

Post a Comment