And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17

Monday, September 5, 2011

August 23rd, 2011

OI FAMÍLIA!!! Como vão? Well not too much to report this week. I'm in the choir which I'm sure that will make a few of you smile. We sing tonight and I think my district will be doing it every week now. Oh by the way, thank you sooooooo much for the doughnuts mom! Also, we had our last appointment with Gina yesterday night and I had the chance to bare my testimony and ask her to bare her's. It was really neat! This is Irma Adamson's last week (She plays Gina) and I'm really going to miss her. All my teachers are incredible, but she has always made me feel comfortable and good about myself with the language. We had our two district elders that are at the Brasil CTM write us and tell us how it is. They said to take andvantage of it up here cuz I guess they're a little more relaxed down there. I'm sure the pilot program that we are on has a big thing to do with it. I'm really greatful to be where the Lord wants me, but especially that he has allowed me to be here. Everything about it just makes sense.

Yesterday was the greatest day I have had thus far with the language. Of course you would think that thats how it would be with every new day, but I was understanding almost everything the teachers were saying and was able to make more sentances. I was also able to pronounce the words better which is what I seem to struggle with the most. That's been the hardest and I think the biggest difference between Portuguese and Spanish. It isn't as friendly to native English speakers. I just want to close about how I have really had to come to know that faith isn't just believing on something, it's doing all that you can and knowing that the grace of the Lord will be done. Perhaps the greatest miracle any of us can grasp in this life is when our will and the will of the Father and of His Son inter-twine. This has been the hardest thing for me, but I'm greatful that the Lord cares for me so much that He wants me to grow. Thank you all so much for the fasting and prayers. I love you all so much. Remember to always choose faith over fear.

Eu te amo família!!!
Com amor
Elder Jacob W Bowman
OMHIWDMB

No comments:

Post a Comment