HELLO FAMILY!!! Where has the time gone?! I can't believe that my time here is almost up! Sometimes it feels like I've been here forever but for the most part, I feel like just yesterday was July. I'm excited to call you mom on Wednesday and report where the Lord needs me at this time. My district is all pretty pumped at the matter, no matter where it is, we just all want to get out there and do our part. We had about 20 missionaries get reassigned in my branch (we have one of the biggest branches with on average around 75) and we aren't replacing any of them this week so the branch will be a little bit smaller this last week. All the missionaries who were outside of Utah were reassigned to SLC (they are thinking that their visas are coming soon) with about the other half going to different places such as DC South, Washington, Arizona, and one to Oregon. It seems that they call them some where to the south cuz of our clothes but will also call them where ever. So last night Pres. Brown (MTC Pres) came and sat by us at dinner. He's an awesome person! Really friendly. towards the end of our meal he asked out of our district was the best Book of Mormon Scriptorian. I'm not really great and in my opinion there are a lot better ones im my district but everyone turned and pointed to me. I was very shocked!! He asked me to come sit by him and asked me ten scriptures in the BoM that refer to the Atonement, He actually had everyone participate but when he specifically asked me he asked me for location and who was speaking and all that. HA! Very overwhelming and on the spot! But here's the kicker. Right after dinner we had our departure meeting and when he stood up to give his presentation he asked his "Brasilian Missionaries" to come up! He asked us for 10 scriptures and Sister Hayes took the rains as we all gave her our answers so it wasn't too bad. Oh ya gotta love it! So tomorrow at the devotional they have asked Elder Clements and Sister Hayes to say the prayers so that will be an awesome experience! We'll all get to go sit up with the speaker and MTC Presidency. I love you all sooo much! Everyday is a struggle with an even greater blessing in store. The Atonement is real and I'm doing my best to use it in my life. There is no greater message then the one we have. I'm excited to see where the Lord needs me at this time and bare my testimony that He lives to whomever He and Heavenly Father have prepared. I LOVE YOU!!! Elder Bowman omhiwdMb |
And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17
Friday, September 23, 2011
September 12th, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment