The weeks are just going faster and faster!! Today I got to see Elder Katsos before he heads out at 4 in the morning tomorrow. I'm going to go try see him tonight though but no promises. We committed two other baptizims this week!!! Fernando -who is played by Irmao Harmon and the other one Steeferson -who is played by Irmao Dodge. Tonight is Irma Adamison's last night (she played Gina) I'm really going to miss her. She has been my favorite teacher. I don't know if her being Gina helped, but I've always felt comfortable and confident with my Portugues with her. This week is also Irmao Harmon's last week. He's like the head professor here at the MTC so its kinda a big deal that he's leaving and also a true blessing that he was our teacher. Irmao Dodge has been with us the whole time, but we just got a new teacher a week and a half ago named Irma Beery. She's way sweet! So by the end of the week, we will have gone from 4 teachers to 2. It's almost un heard of to have more then 1 perminit teacher so we've really been fortunite. So to quickly talk about this, Irmao Dodge lost 60lbs on his mission so a few of us (especially me and Elder Perdue) have been seeing who could gain the most weight here, then lose it out in the field. Well... Last nights devotional was all about health and stuff. So lets just say that me and Elder Perdue called it a draw with him gaining over 16lbs and I was a half a pound from 20. Yeah... No joke... This has been the most amazing, hardest, self defining relationship between me and the Lord. I love every minute of it. Last night at the fireside, we sang called to serve, but the special version at the MTC (a few of you know what I am talking about) To explain the feeling wouldn't be enough for words. How greatful I am for this time in my life to bare witness that I know Christ Lives. So many missionaries, but even more lost children of our Father in Heaven out there in the world. What a privledge it is to testify of his love. I love you family! Sorry, I can never write all that I want. You all are great! The church is TRUE!!! Com amor, Elder Bowman OMHIWDMB |
And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things. 1 Nephi 11:17
Monday, September 5, 2011
September 5th, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment